Friday, July 30, 2010

Life is an Open Classroom

Life is an open classroom, though there is no curriculum to tell you which lessons to expect each week or even each day. Lessons are often unexpected and challenges are like pop quizzes that test your character as much as it builds it.

Different seasons in your life represent semesters in which new lessons are learned. There is no pass or fail, only a grade of "complete." Once the lesson is complete you move on to the next. Sometimes you may experience a similar lesson. Not because you've failed a previous one; instead, it's an opportunity for you to achieve advanced learning.

So, what do you do with all that knowledge? Apply what you've learned to your own life as well as to the lives of others. When you teach others you help them to learn and grow. In turn, you learn and grow as well. I find that as I teach others, it reinforces my knowledge and I may even acquire new learning. For example, the more I teach someone about humility, the more I am reminded to be humble. Through my experience with that individual I may learn to be more patient. I may even discover that I am stronger than I realize.

You are always learning. You are always growing wiser in life's open classroom.

What lessons have you learned and how have you applied them to your life and the lives of others? Share your comments below.

Unleash your brilliance without boundaries,
Christine

___________________________
Follow the Enrichment Blog: christineferguson.blogspot.com
Become a Fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/christinenferguson
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/chrisnferguson

No comments:

Post a Comment